What you need to get in
YOU WILL NEED TO:
1: Validate your ticket before 4 October 2017 in one of 2 ways:
- Click on the link in the ticket confirmation email
- Log in to your ticket account and go to ‘My Tickets’ and click on ‘edit ticket info’ completing all account details. If their is any missing data such as ID , you cannot download the ticket or access the barcode.
2: Bring YOUR validated ticket and 1 of these 3 forms of ID:
- DRIVER’S LICENSE
(PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE PRE-COLLECTED YOUR WRIST BAND, YOU WILL STILL NEED TO BRING A FORM OF IDENTIFICATION TO THE FESTIVAL. NO ID = NO ENTRY).
You can bring a temporary identification, only if you have a valid affidavit to accompany it.
WHAT IS DAISIES CERTIFICATION?
If you are nervous about potentially losing your ID/Passport, please bring a copy along with your original, and WE can then certify that copy for you (DAISIES CERTIFICATION). Thereafter you can lock you original safely in the car and keep the certified copy with you.
Make sure your ticket and your ID both prove that you are who you say you are.
NO ATMS AT THE FESTIVAL
Please note that we are operating on a completely cashless system this year. There will be NO ATM’s at the event.
For more info on our cashless system please read this.
Safety and Security
PLEASE NOTE: The event organisers and all affiliated sponsors will not be held responsible for any loss or damages, injuries or death. All festival goers attend the festival at their own risk.
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS
Drink, but try not to shame yourself for all eternity. Remember that no glass is allowed on the festival grounds. Feel free to sip your own boozy concoctions at your own camping area, but don’t bring it into the main festival arena.
Please stay away from narcotics and other illegal substances! The South African Police Service will be at the festival throughout the weekend, along with a few very well-disguised, undercover cops.
Please be advised that there will be police at the festival, so if you’ve been a victim of crime or a witness to a crime, please report it to SAPS, Rocking the Daisies security, or to the festival organisers, directly after it happens. Please also send us a direct message on Facebook for such purposes so we may remain in touch.
For Darling SAPS please call: +27 (0)22 409 1300; 022 492 3146 / 3132 / 2314 / 2666
Paramedics are available 24hrs to deal with any medical emergencies throughout the weekend. Look for the red cross in the campsite and main festival arena if you need a medic.
You can collect lost property from the Lost Property depot stationed by the Main Stage Arena. If you find lost property, you can also hand it in here and make sure that you log it into the log book when you hand it in.
Walking the Daisies 2017
There isn’t an event that can compare. With flowers in bloom and boundless positivity and laughter in the air, join in for this two-day festive walk of action, filled with great people, exploring our beautiful coast line, music, camping, dancing, and so much more… who knows you may even be inspired!
Brought to you by UNITlogic and Sustainable Brothers & Sisters, in association with Rocking the Daisies and Steyn Entertainment, Walking the Daisies 2017 (#WTD2017) is an annual two-day hike that starts in Cape Town on Wednesday 4 October and ends on Thursday 5 October with an arrival at the Rocking the Daisies 2017 in Darling.
Rocking the Daisies developed the initiative into a group experience and Walking the Daisies grew from 20 walkers in 2009 to 150 in 2016. It is now a widely acclaimed event that supplements the festival’s aim to create and promote positive environmental action, facilitate conscious dialog and raise awareness about the social and environmental challenges we face today.
Book your spot on this 2-day exclusive, intimate, and life changing walk up the West Coast to the Rocking the Daisies music festival.
- All activities
- RTD general entrance festival ticket
- Secret mini-concert
- Exclusive camping location at #RTD2017
- Catered meal by Mamre Community
- Lifelong friends
- Walking the Daisies backpack & T-shirt
Day 1: 23km
Day 2: 25km
4th October, Wednesday:
- Eden on the bay (Big Bay): meet, greet, depart.
- Eden on the Bay – Kreefte Baai (beach clean up)
- Kreefte Baai: collect waste + refreshment
- Kreefte Baai – Duynefontein/Koeburg Club: lunch + activities
- Buses drive walkers around Koeburg – drop on West Coast road.
- West Coast Road – Sliverstroom Campsite (walk on paths through dunes and along coast line to campsite)
- Silverstroom Campsite: activities, diner, secret mini-concert, sleep
5th October, Thursday:
- Sliverstroom campsite: morning yoga/dance, breakfast, pack-up.
- Silverstroom – Mamre (refreshment stop along the way)
- Mamre: plant day, workshops, community engagement + lunch
- Mamre – RTD (epic hike through farm land, over mountain to the festival)
- RTD: arrival lounge + welcome to RTD
- Beach clean-up
- Yoga & meditation
- Mini concert
- Morning Groove
- Community plant day
- Meeting awesome humans
- And so much more
What to bring:
- Tent & mattress
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Warm clothes
- Great attitude
- Water bottle
- Cash for food
- Hiking shoes
- Open mind
- Open Heart
Need a ride? Take an Uber!
We’ve partnered up with Uber to provide you with reliable and affordable transport to Rocking the Daisies 2017!
A one-way trip from the Cape Town International Airport or Cape Town CBD to Darling will cost you only R750! What’s even better is you can use Uber’s app to split fares between you and your friends, making getting you to RTD this year even MORE affordable! The Uber driver will pick you up straight from the location of your choice and drop you off right at the festival gates – and you can book one from Daisies back to where you need to go from the UberZone near the festival entrance!
Read the guidelines below:
1. If you don’t already have the app, download the Uber app for iPhone or Android
2. Enter ‘Cloof Wine Estate’ as your destination
3. Request your trip as usual
4. You will be charged a fare of R750 to ensure a seamless and reliable ride to or from the festival. Remember you can split fares!
Please note that ETAs may be higher due to the location of the festival. Please keep in touch with your driver to co-ordinate your meeting place.
Special Needs Facilities
As event organizers, we are placing much focus this year on creating a festival space that is accessible to all.
All Special Needs customers are welcome at Rocking the Daisies but we need to know as much as we can in order to prepare as far we we can.
Applications are now open.
We’ve weighed up the pros and cons in great detail, please accept this rule. No skottles, no gas and no fires are allowed in the campsite or car park, as tents and cars are HIGHLY flammable and we want to keep you safe. Pack lots of non-perishable food, snacks and ready made meals that don’t need a fridge or cooking. There is SO much to do and experience at Daisies, you’ll need all the time you can get. Take a weekend off from cooking and check out our wide range of tasty food trucks and gourmet food court options, including a variety of vegan and vegetarian treats. There’s something for everyone’s budget.
TOP UP YOUR CASHLESS!
Rocking the Daisies is 100% cashless! Top up, view balances & sign up for Auto-Cashout at www.Howler.co.za. Click here and follow the directions below.
NO BAD ATTITUDES
We’re not just a music festival, nor just an experience of a lifetime. We’re a family that is here to inspire positive change and raise awareness, both socially and environmentally. We hold values and principles that make us true to you and to ourselves. We are all one, we are all a part of the Daisies family. Join us in following the spirit of Daisies and share the love, as we welcome you to our magical wonderland that we’ve created with love, passion and dedication – for YOU.
Stay Green and keep it clean
We’re internationally awarded and globally recognised and one of the greenest festivals on the planet. Do your bit, pick up your shit!
RED FROGS TEAM
Red Frogs is a team of dedicated volunteers who aim to provide a positive presence in the party culture.
Find their tent at the festival for free pancakes, coffee and good conversation!
Check out their website for more info: www.redfrogs.co.za
We only sell festival tickets for the full four day experience. You can still arrive on the day that suits you most, but we have so much epicness in store you won’t want to leave!
Waste is one of our main priorities and it is our mission to host a clean, green festival!
LEAVE NO TRACE: Bring a bin bag with you and make sure to keep your campsite clean all the time. Help out the environment and take any waste you find, whether it’s yours or not, with you. Cloof Wine Estate works very hard at contributing towards the natural growth of indigenous fauna and flora so don’t stuff it up.
Also, look out for our Green Parade who’ll be watching you…We’re internationally awarded and globally recognised as one of the greenest festivals on the planet.
TICKET TRANSFERS CUT OFF
PLEASE NOTE: TICKET TRANSFER CUTS OFF 24 HOURS BEFORE GATES OPEN. WEDNESDAY AT 05:00PM
These are some simple steps to show you how its done:
STEP 1: Click here and log into your Nutickets account.
STEP 2: If you have forgotten your password, click “reset password” and follow the instructions
STEP 3: Go to My Tickets
STEP 4: Select Actions drop down
STEP 5: Select Transfer Ticket
STEP 6: Enter the new ticket holders email address
STEP 7: Enter the new ticket holders Title, Name and Surname
- NO ALCOHOL WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE FESTIVAL AREA. IT WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE CAMPSITE ONLY.
- NO GLASS.
- NO ANIMALS.
- RIGHT OF ADMISSION IS RESERVED.
- NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES.
- NO UNDER 18’S
- NO SWIMMING AFTER DARK.
- NO DRONES.
- PLEASE REMEMBER TO RESPECT THE ENVIRONMENT AND LEAVE NO TRACE.
- NO ID/PASSPORT/DRIVERS LICENSE = NO ENTRY.
- NO ATTITUDE, BE LEKKER.
- NO LITTERBUGS.
- NO PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT UNLESS PRIOR CONSENT (THIS INCLUDES ZOOM LENSES)
- NO FIRES / NO SKOTTLES / NO GAS
Main Gate opening hours
This is the main festival gate for members of the public and Daisyland guests who are from the general public. Please note the opening times are as follows:
Thursday 5th October: 12:00 – 01:00
Friday 6th October: 07:00 – 01:00
Saturday 7th October: 07:00 – 01:00
Sunday 8th October: 07:00 – 17:00
It’s a festival so prepare to get dirty. One shower a day is all you need. Save water and help the lines go by faster – the shorter YOUR showers (aim for 10 minutes) the happier the campers, and the more water we save. Please be considerate of other fans waiting in line. General camping showers are free!
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the website or mobile application of Rocking the Daisies Music and Lifestyle Festival. This website or mobile application is owned and operated by Steyn Events (Pty) Ltd (the “Company”).
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND CONTENT
Our Digital Services are intended primarily for informational purposes. We enable you to inquire about the various services and events promoted or hosted by the Company and certain third parties. We may also provide links for you to purchase tickets through third party ticketing services, some of which may be operated by a third party, not the Company.
As a condition of your right to use our Digital Services, you represent that you are of legal age to access our Digital Services.
You may not engage in any of the following with regard to the Digital Services (including without limitation posting or transmitting content through the Digital Services), and you agree not to use the Digital Services to:
- violate or encourage the violation of any local, national or international law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users of our Digital Services or solicit personal information from any individual;
- impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- send or promote any message that is unlawful, defamatory, abusive, sexually explicit, threatening, vulgar or disparaging regarding racial, gender or ethnic background and any statement that you have reason to know is false or misleading or otherwise objectionable messages, as determined by the Company in its sole discretion;
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or privacy or other right of any party and distribute any content you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- promote or distribute any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials or material which can be characterized as “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or similar material and any request for or solicitation of money, goods or services for private gain or any information posted primarily for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes;
- disrupt or interfere with the security or use of the Digital Services;
- interfere with or damage the Digital Services, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, trojan horses, harmful code, denial of service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or email address information or similar methods or technology or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to our Digital Services;
- attempt to use another user’s account, impersonate another person or entity, misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, including (without limitation) the Company, or any third party, or create or use a false identity;
- attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Digital Services or portions thereof that are restricted from general access;
- use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the Company’s (or any third parties partner or sponsor’s) name, trademarks, or product names;
- attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive or obtain the code in any form for any software used in the Digital Services;
- engage in any activity that interferes with any third party’s ability to use or enjoy the Digital Services; or
Further, without our written consent, you may not:
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purpose any of the Company’s content or any use of or access to the Digital Services;
- use any high volume, automated, or electronic means (including, without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts, or other automated devices) to access the Digital Services or monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained thereon;
- deep link to the Digital Services for any purpose; or frame the Digital Services, place pop-up windows over any content, or otherwise affect the display of the Digital Services.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Visitors assume all risk and danger incidental to attendance of Rocking the Daisies Music and Lifestyle Festival 2016 (in any capacity) and release the owners of Cloof Wine Estate, Darling, Cape Town and Rocking the Daisies Music and Lifestyle Festival 2016 and their company, employees, suppliers, sponsors or representatives from any and all liabilities, damages, costs and expenses arising from any cause whatsoever. This includes but is not limited to any damage, theft or loss of property or earnings, as well as any death or injury or damage of any nature to persons, vehicles or belongings at Cloof Wine Estate, Darling, Cape Town before, during or after the Rocking the Daisies Music and Lifestyle Festival 2016. The Company can also not be held responsible for poor weather, water or power interruptions, the failure of artists to perform, or any other unforeseen circumstances that may occur.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFORMATION
All content, intellectual property rights in the content available on our Digital Services, without limitation are owned by the Company with all its rights reserved. All content which qualifies for protection under South African Intellectual Law is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African High Courts, whether registered or unregistered.
PERMITTED USE OF MOBILE APPLICATION
Our Mobile App is protected by copyright and may not be sold, redistributed, copied, made available to the public, or part of a derivative work created by you without the express written consent from the Company. You may not attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise modify our Mobile App, or in any way compromise the security of data stored or transmitted by our Mobile App.
PERMITTED USE OF THE CONTENT
Any use of content on the Digital Services, including without limitation reproduction for purposes other than those noted herein, modification, distribution, replication, any form of data extraction or data mining, or other commercial exploitation of any kind, without prior written permission of an authorized officer of the Company, is strictly prohibited. With the exception of search engines, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained therein without prior written permission of an authorized officer of the Company. You may use the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use, except as described herein. You may download or print a single copy of any portion of the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from such content. You may not make any use of content owned by any third parties which is available on the Digital Services, without the express consent of those third parties.
LINKS TO THE DIGITAL SERVICES
You are hereby licensed to create hyperlinks to content on the Digital Services, provided that the hyperlink accurately describes the content to which it links and provided you first seek written permission by the Company.
If you access our Digital Services on mobile devices or in our Mobile App, you understand that your mobile carrier’s standard charges will apply.
NOTIFICATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
In the event that you find content posted on our Digital Services which you believe to be an infringement of intellectual property rights you are requested to immediately contact the Company’s Intellectual Property Agent as described below:-
Intellectual Property Agent
Fourways, South Africa
E-mail: email@example.com, subject line “Rocking the Daisies Music and Lifestyle Festival”
Any content uploaded, posted, submitted, or otherwise made available by individual users of the Digital Services, including without limitation blog comments, message board posts, and any other content which does not originate with the Company (“User Content“), is the sole responsibility of the person who made such User Content available on the Digital Services. Under no circumstances will the Company be liable in any way for any User Content made available through this Digital Services by you or any third party.
Since the Company does not control the User Content posted on the Digital Services, it does not guarantee the truthfulness, integrity, suitability, or quality of that User Content, and it does not endorse such User Content. You also agree and understand that by accessing the Digital Services, you may encounter content that you may consider to be objectionable. The Company has no responsibility for any User Content, including without limitation any errors or omissions therein. The Companies Parties are not liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any User Content on the Digital Services.
User Content is owned by the author thereof, and the Company does not claim ownership of original works created and posted by individual visitors to this Digital Services. However, by uploading, posting, transmitting or otherwise making any User Content available on or through the Digital Services, you are granting the Company its subsidiaries, affiliates and other related entities an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, transferrable, sublicensable, worldwide license to copy, reproduce, modify, publish, display, distribute publicly, perform, exploit, and prepare derivative works of such User Content (including your name, image, likeness, or information you have made publicly available in connection therewith) in any manner, media or format now existing or hereafter devised, without any obligation of notice, attribution or compensation to you.
The Company reserves the right (but has no obligation) in its sole discretion to pre-screen, edit, refuse, move or remove any User Content that is posted on the Digital Services. You agree that the exercise by the Company of such discretion shall not convert or transform User Content to content owned or provided by the Company, and the user who made such User Content available on the Digital Services will retain ownership thereof as described below.
PROVIDING FEEDBACK TO COMPANY
We welcome your comments and feedback about our Digital Services. All information and materials submitted to the Company through the Digital Services or otherwise, such as any comments, feedback, ideas, questions, designs, data or the like regarding or relating to the Digital Services or the business of the Company (collectively, “Feedback“), will be considered NON-CONFIDENTIAL and NON-PROPRIETARY with regard to you, but the Company reserves the right to treat any such Feedback as the confidential information of the Company.
By submitting Feedback to the Company, you assign to the Company, free of charge, all worldwide rights, title and interest in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in such Feedback. The Companies Parties will be entitled to use any Feedback you submit, and any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any such Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such Feedback without restriction and without compensating you in any way. You are responsible for the information and other content contained in any Feedback you submit to us, including, without limitation, its truthfulness and accuracy.
Any dispute arising out of or relating in any way to your use of our Digital Services or any products, services, or information you receive through our Digital Services, shall be submitted to confidential, binding arbitration in Johannesburg before one arbitrator in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration Act no 42 of 1965 (as amended or replaced from time to time). The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the foregoing arbitration requirement, with regard to any actual or potential violation of our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in the High Courts of South Africa and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waive all objections thereto.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
You assume all knowledge of applicable law and you are responsible for compliance with any such laws. You may not use our Digital Services in any way that violates applicable South African or international laws, regulations or other government requirements.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Rocking the Daisies Music and Lifestyle Festival
4 Gordon Street, Gardens
Cape Town, 8001